Guthrie traded to Rockies for Hammel & Lindstrom

Bazooka Jones

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe we can take Helton off their hands as well? I hear he is an up and coming Superstar who will put asses in seats! :rolleyes:

Every time I start to get excited about the baseball season again, I remember I'm an Orioles fan! :o

We have such a good fan base, it isn't fair.

I'll wait until the names are confirmed to pass judgement.......but if that's the return (Hammel/Lindstrom), I'm not going to be happy. I want prospects.

Agreed. Guthrie means more to the team than the two supposed players coming back. We want innings-eaters and we're letting him go for two sub-par pitchers. Would rather have better players that can contribute.

I was hoping for more, but I guess I've been looking at Guthrie's value through orange-tinted shades as well.

No, he's got more value than that. Sturdy, solid mid-rotation starters are worth more than that. They are dumping him because of the arbitration thing and pending FA. His stats aren't irreplaceable, the issue is that it shouldn't be a salary dump, they could have done better.

If this is the trade, it really does not make any sense. There has to be more to it. We are essentially getting weaker in the rotation with this trade and adding another average bullpen arm. Seems like there are better ways to add bullpen arms than trading Guthrie.

No, he's got more value than that. Sturdy, solid mid-rotation starters are worth more than that. They are dumping him because of the arbitration thing and pending FA. His stats aren't irreplaceable, the issue is that it shouldn't be a salary dump, they could have done better.

This is the feeling I'm getting, also.

Ugh, hate this trade.

BTW...At this people should be pretty nervous when word is DD is about to make a trade. I mean I wasn't one jumping all over him for the Eveland and Teagarden trades but I understood why people were upset, especially in the case of the Eveland trade. This one bothers me. It's getting progressively worse.

Archived